Are you looking for natural treatment options for regular tension headaches? Watch the video below.
Many people know Sport and Spine Rehab for world-class chiropractic and physical therapy treatment for back pain and athletic injuries in Northern Virginia and Maryland. Chronic headaches is another common problem that we are able to help DC area residents with. Our CEO, Dr. Jay Greenstein presents this webinar to help patients answer questions like:
- What are the symptoms of chronic tension headaches?
- How can I get diagnosed?
- What natural treatment alternatives are available to me rather than taking drugs regularly?
Summarized video transcript:
Learn who is affected by tension headaches and the symptoms:
- 20.8% of the global population suffers from tensions type headaches
- 3 women to every 2 men will get tension type headaches
- Tension headaches feel like a tight band squeezing around the forehead
Tension headaches are caused by mechanical issues in the spine:
- Dysfunction in the facet joint, located in the neck is the leading cause of tension headaches
- This dysfunction is often caused by poor posture and ergonomics in the workplace
Taking drugs regularly for headache relief can actually lead to chronic headaches:
- Many common over the counter drugs like acetaminophen, aspirin, Bayer, and Excedrin, when taking more than 9 times per month can lead to rebound headaches
Natural treatments that are confirmed by the highest level of clinical evidence are available at Sport and Spine Rehab: